Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Print Poetry Sweet Essentials Class Part 2

I have been working on this class all week, I am excited about most of the cards, some of them are not my favorites, but I am so happy with others, they are just gorgeous! You can see the other 5 cards here, if you missed them





 I can never get enough of the Manhattan Flower embossing folder, I think I could use this until it falls apart. Blue and Brown together are one of my favorite color combinations, I love the way they look together.
 I wanted to get a male and a female birthday card out of the papers I was using and there were some great papers in the Print Poetry pack, but I was running out of scraps (using only one of each two-sided pattern) So, I had to come up with these two cards using the scraps I had remaining from the other cards, I think they came together okay, I still think the female Birthday card could use something more behind the packages, but, I didn't want to bust out any more papers for it.


Earlier this week, I played in the LNS color challenge, which inspired me for this card, In retrospect, I think this patterned paper might have been perfect for the birthday card, I might play with the papers a little bit more and see if I can come up with the right combination. Besides, I like the way these flowers came out better than the ones I I did for the SO Kind of you card, so, I might need to play a little more to get the right combination.
Finally, I love this little baby, but I think again, the card needs something else, I was all out of paper and just used scraps to make a heart border, but I am not sure I am happy with the way it came out, so this one is probably going back to the drawing board too.

Finally, don't forget there is blog candy available, just comment on any post from the week (one entry per comment) and I will draw the winner tomorrow for this great set from the sale-a-bration catalog. Read more details here


Hugs!! Angi Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Cricut Top 40