Welcome to Scrappin Outloud

Thanks for dropping by! Take a look around and stay awhile. See that little purple box on your left, it contains a summary of recent posts, further down, you will see a box of shared items, these are things I find around the web and want to share with you. Further down on the left you can add a link to your own blog for others to see. I love comments, so feel free to leave some love and thanks for stopping by.

Monday, December 31, 2012

A couple Valentines Cards to Share

All of my time has not been spent on Christmas Cards, during this week off, I got a lot done, organizing my Craft Room, to be more SU friendly (moving all my SU stuff close at hand, reorganizing all of my retired sets from the last time I was an SU demo and of course I have come up with about 100 project ideas, if only I didn't have to work to pay for my Stampin Up hobby and my scuba diving hobby ;)
Anywho, I do have a couple of Valentines cards to share with you tonight before I hit the sack, dreaming of stampin up projects I can do and staying awake because I dont have a enough time in the world to get it all done!



I like the way the malt card came out, I used velum and Sparkly red paper and embossed the topping, I always get carried away with distressing ink though, don't ya think? Both cards are real cards, that fit into a standard A2 envelope.


The lips card came from an idea I saw on interest (boy do I waste a lot of time there) The paper was one of my retired reds and I kept working it with copic markers trying to make it look more realistic, and I added some red dazzling details to make them shiny. I was trying to keep the center of the lips a little lighter, to look like the lips were parted in a smile, but I eventually gave up and went to bed, lol, A little more black distress ink of course, a little too much, I just love to distress my cards and never know when to stop and the worst part is my inky fingers, while I love getting inky, I have got to remember to wipe them up a little before I move on to the next color.

What do you think? What would you have done to make the lips look a little better?

Hugs!! Angi Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Cricut Top 40